Thursday, September 2, 2010

Appeal me, quotes.

A few quotes that I genuinely enjoy reading:

Each to his grief, each to
his loneliness and fidgety revenge. - Gwendolyn Brooks.

Jesus wept; Voltaire smiled. From that divine tear and from that human smile is derived the grace of present civilization.

As a means of contrast with the sublime, the grotesque is, in our view, the richest source that nature can offer. - Victor Hugo.

When beggars die there are no comets seen;
The heavens themselves blaze forth the death of princes.

Sweep on, you fat and greasy citizens,
'Tis just the fashion.


Thou hast the sweetest face I ever looked on.
Sir, as I have a soul, she is an angel.


When clouds are seen, wise men put on their cloaks;
When great leaves fall, then winter is at hand;
When the sun sets, who doth not look for night?

Good night, good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow.

Be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon 'em.

It's not enough to speak, but to speak true.

Et tu, Brute! Then fall, Caesar.

Shakespeare.

I can actually go on and on with Shakespearean quotes but I guess it'll be a bit unfair to everyne else.

No evil can happen to a good man, either in life or after death.

It is a common saying, and in everybody's mouth, that life is but a sojourn.

I shall assume that your silence gives consent.

To go to the world below, having a soul which is like a vessel full of injustice, is the last and worst of all the evils.
Plato.

Okay, so I'm done now.
Well, I guess Shakespeare is pretty cool.
Exeunt, me.