Friday, August 27, 2010

Matter Much? Not.

Alright. Have you ever had that feeling in which you feel that you are just another average person who'll end up with an average life and that you're nothing special?
I get that all the time. I feel so insecure about my future. My present. Even about the things which have happened in the past.
It's a rhetorical question: Why me?
Most of the time, I blame myself for being so average.

But you know what? I am NOT average. And you know what? You're NOT average either.
What causes that feeling in you is NOT you. It's those little people that surround you during most of your waking hours.

On a personal account, I shall state and prove with an example now:
There's this kid in my class. Let us name him Paul.
Now Paul is, in people's eyes, a very sober, calm, composed and intelligent hard working child.
Real story? Yeah, he's finely bright and hard-working? Rest, I shall elaborate.
You see, I don't know what the matter is with him, but he's sort of "afraid" of talking to girls.
Whenever a girl comes in front of him, he freezes. As soon as she departs, he turns into a Mafioso.
He morphs into a manipulative, assertive and irate personality. They say it right, looks are deceiving.
Who would've thought that THIS person would be the one who filled the mind of an innocent boy to attack me in retaliation. (He'd got hit by a pencil box par faute by me).
That kid didn't say anything. I apologized and he was fine with it.
Seconds later, Paul is filling his mind with shrewd and demeaning thoughts.
10 seconds later, I have a flying keychain hitting me on the head thus resulting in gushes of blood coming out of the left side of my head.
Yeah, Paul. Way to go!

Paul always completes his homework. He studies intently for his exams. He's pretty fine. He gets good marks. Better than me many times.
But you know what? Even though my homework's not on time many times. Even though I study casually for the exams and become vigorous only in the last few preceding days, I'm better than you. Why? I'll tell you why.

Today in English class, we had to write down a few things "being dictated by the teacher.
Paul was sitting behind me. The teacher said something like, "Antony's speech is considered immortal" .. Now, firstly, boys like Paul have no interest whatsoever in literature so..I don't even want to comment.
So, Paul asked everyone around him the spelling of "Speech" and "Diplomat" ..
Yeah, so a 10th grader of "high repute" asking all this. Bright kid, yeah.

What I'm trying to prove through this post is, "Does it really matter?"
Does it matter if you're bright academically and are a good student if you have a bad character?
What is the essence of education? Marks/ Grades compose only 50% of our education.
The rest. The rest consists of our life and social skills that develop over time. Our nature, our affection, our attitude, our perception of life, our dreams.
People like him who consider themselves :Perfect: .. I'd say they're wrong.
I do pretty fine academically. Not outstanding, I agree. But I have friends. I have a good pure mind. I love the environment. I love people. I love my life even when it's going poopy. I dream every single night.
I am NOT average.
I am. Me.

And nothing can change that. Not what they say. Not what they think. Not what anyone thinks.
It's what I think. And what's my take on everything.

You just gotta strive to be a better person.
And when you are one, everything's gonna get all fine by itself.


No comments: