Friday, September 17, 2010

Being a Kid.

Don't you have those moments when you suddenly recall those old days of yours?
The time when you had no responsibilities. No tension whatsoever. No politics between your friends.
You could be yourself without succumbing to any kind of pressure. You didn't have all that excruciating academic pressure. You didn't need to think about your future.
You looked better than what you look now.
You could be free.

I remember when I was 7 or 8. I would have those wonderful birthday parties where my dad would call magicians and puppeteers and there would be a mini ferris wheel in my frontyard. There used to be amazing cartoons which used to come on TV.
The lifestyle of people was simple. There were no iPods, cell phones were not that popular in India at that time, laptops were almost non-existent, having fast internet access was a BIG thing. Terrorism was non-existent.
People would have those little cosy parties where everyone would have a great time.
There wasn't any traffic.
People lived such simple lives.

And suddenly one day I wake up everything on the contrary. I don't know why things had to change so much.
When I was 11, I always wanted to just magically turn into a teenager because I was so fascinated with the whole idea which was supremely glorified by them teen movies.
And now that I am one, it's not all that great. Guess they say it right, "Everything that shines ain't gold"

If I had an option, I would totally go back to being 8 or maybe 12. And not in the present times for God's sake. These are dark times.
I'd go back when I was really 8. In the 90s when Spice Girls and Powerpuff Girls and Dexter used to rule the world.

No comments: