Saturday, July 13, 2013

Naive.

Written October 27, '12. Unpublished.

When asked, "What do you want to be when you grow up?", my friend's 8-year old brother replied, "I want to be a dolphin", his eyes gleaming like shimmers. 
There is nothing more pure than that brilliant innocence we all have in our minds, hearts and souls at that tender age. As we grow up, we seem to lose all of it gradually and inevitably. Eventually, all this simplicity turns into complexity. You don't see the world with eyes full of wonder. The mysteries, marveling, curiosities and admirations fade away and rationalism and practicality are forced to settle in.
The expanse of your imagination narrows down and dreams get restricted. Monotony and humdrums descend into our lives and make it dry. -sigh- I don't want to sound like an old person. I've still got a lot of growing up and unravelling to do perhaps. But.. I just miss it.

No comments: