Saturday, July 13, 2013

Fate and other things.

It feels absolutely amazing to be blogging again after an undefined and infinite hiatus. But now I'm back for good. I missed this outlet to vent out my angst and emotions and everything. But now I finally have my own laptop and a ton of free time (except not really) to be regular.
And I will try to write as well as I can. 
So..
what's happened so far? I graduated from secondary school decently and respectfully and got into the college I never thought I'd get into because it seemed just about next to impossible but I did. I did and I am so so happy here. I came across the most intriguing personalities in all this time.
I met someone. I found someone. I love someone. I lost someone. I don't dislike anyone. I trust someone. So many someones. So many souls. I touched souls, souls touched me. I have been reading a lot of Rumi's poetry recently and somehow I feel enlightened in a lot of ways.
And this is why I like to believe it all has to do something with fate being too kind to me presently.
Or is it not? I would never know. Perhaps fate has been too kind to me.

There are moments when I reach an unpleasant emotional high and there is an outburst.  There are a lot of such moments. I hurt someone. But I get away with it. I'm lucky that way perhaps.

Someone. 
A soul.
And then I think of mirrors. Would you do that to the soul in the mirror? Be hurt in that way?
Sometimes I don't face the consequences of my actions. And that is why I don't learn. There should always be consequences and retributions to a demeaning action. But I escape. I am lucky that way perhaps.
Fate has been too kind to me.

“Your hand opens and closes, opens and closes. If it were always a fist or always stretched open, you would be paralysed. Your deepest presence is in every small contracting and expanding, the two as beautifully balanced and coordinated as birds' wings.” - Rumi


The balance. Our presence. Our existence. It's everywhere. Our hand in fate. Our manipulation to our own fate. We are the makers of our own destiny. My presence in every small contracting and exploding in the passing time governs where I stand presently. Always contracting and expanding. Always. Like wings.


"You have escaped the cage. Your wings are stretched out. Now fly." - Rumi


The wings that our fathers and mothers built for us, 

they're ours now. 
The cage we were in so far, 
we're stepping out of it now. 
The wings feel heavy,
but we are gearing for our flight now.
You're stretching your wings,
you are flying now.

The cage. The wings. The flight.

Provocans ad volandvm. Provoke to fly.
"There is a force within that gives you life - Seek that.
This silence, this moment, every moment, If it's genuinely inside you, brings what you need." - Rumi

Oh the emotions that Rumi brings out in me. It takes me back to the days when I was riding on that high bandwagon of emotions in a time long gone. I haven't been feeling things too strongly for a long, long time but ever since I've started reading his poetry I feel like I have revived. I feel enlightened in some way.

And thus, I am reviving this integral part of my life from the ashes. I want a new phoenix to arise. I want to give it wings. I want it to escape it's cage. I want to provoke it to fly. I want it to fly.

And I will. 




No comments: