Monday, September 2, 2013

The things she has done for me.

She always made sure that I was fine, that I ate and that I am happy. She used to forcefully feed me if I refused to eat. The food that I used to eat was made from her heart. There was so much love, so much affection and so much care in every bite. She told me to appreciate it because one day I won’t have this privilege anymore. I never used to appreciate all that hard work put into it. I never appreciated.
I used to just cast my clothes on the floor and they used to be ready in my cupboard all ironed and clean. I never knew or inquired to find out how it all happened. How much hard work goes into actually washing your clothes and getting them all tidy and spic-and-span. I never appreciated.
Every morning she would wake up early and shout at the top of her voice to wake me up from my deep slumber and I would ask for 5 more minutes but I never woke up.  I never knew how much I’d miss the comfort she gave me every single day.  I never appreciated.
All that genuine warmth right from her heart, all that relief, all that assuagement, all that repose, all that slumber, all that ease, all that tranquility, all that requiescence and all that comfort. All of it in abundance. I never appreciated.
But here I am now, mother, appreciating you. I appreciate all that you did for me so far in my life and your life every single moment over here. I appreciate you when I go hungry some nights because the food is not the same, I appreciate you when all that sweat pours down my body when I wash my clothes and rush down late every morning for my class because you’re not here to scream at me every morning to wake me up. I regret all those moments when you asked me to sit down with you and talk to you and I didn’t. You have put your all youth and beyond into me and I appreciate all of it so much right now.
And I promise I will be the best son to you when I come back because you have been the best mother a son could ask for and I love you so, so much.
We don’t realize the value of someone or something till the time we don’t have it anymore with us. It’s a universal truth and we know it yet we don’t try to learn or do something about it.

I appreciate every single moment now, mother. 

No comments: